1 a breathing device for administering long-term artificial respiration [syn: respirator]
2 a dispenser that produces a chemical vapor to be inhaled in order to relieve nasal congestion [syn: inhaler]
- see inhaler.
Current Types of Inhalers by Category
- Rescue Inhalers: Short-Acting Beta-2 Adrenergic Bronchodilator Inhalers
- Maintenance Inhalers: Long-Acting Adrenergic Bronchodilator Inhalers
- Maintenance Inhalers: Anticholinergic Bronchodilators in COPD
- Maintenance Inhalers: Corticosteroids
- Combination Inhalers: Corticosteroid with LongActing Beta-2 Adrenergic Agonist
- Combination Maintenance Inhaler: Anticholinergics with Short- Acting Beta-2 Adrenergic Agonists
- Recent advances in spray medication technology
- Ourasthma.com – a patient-oriented site with information on asthma inhalers.
- Discrete simulation of powder dispersion in pharmaceutical aerosol inhalers
- Patton, J., Breathing life into protein drugs - Inhalation of therapeutic macromolecules is a feasible, natural, more people-friendly, delivery system. Nature Biotechnology, 1998. 16(2): p. 141-143.
inhalator in German: Inhalator
inhalator in Spanish: Inhalador
inhalator in Swedish: Inhalator
Aqua-Lung, artificial respiration, aspiration, asthmatic wheeze, breath, breath of air, breathing, broken wind, cough, exhalation, expiration, exsufflation, gasp, gulp, hack, hiccup, inhalation, inspiration, insufflation, iron lung, mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, oxygen mask, oxygen tent, pant, puff, respiration, resuscitator, scuba, sigh, sneeze, sniff, sniffle, snore, snoring, snuff, snuffle, sternutation, stertor, suspiration, wheeze, wind